Office Syndrome Symptoms and Prevention of Office Syndrome Precautions and products to prevent back pain
Office syndrome is a group of myofascial pain syndromes that are common among office workers. Because it is work that requires sitting in front of a computer screen for a long time or working on one
Repetitive use of the same muscles may include headaches, back pain, eye strain. or numbness caused by working all day in the office and rarely changing posture or movement. For example, sitting in front of a computer or working in the same position repeatedly for a long time, etc., which may escalate into chronic pain. and may result in various diseases such as diseases of the musculoskeletal system, eye system, digestive system and visibility as well
What are the symptoms of Office Syndrome?
- chronic headaches chronic headaches Or maybe they have migraine headaches as well. Caused by stress at work or using your eyes to work for a long time, such as reading documents Using your eyes in front of the computer for a long time Not enough light around the desk Or even the environment on a busy day at work may cause you to unconsciously accumulate stress.
- Chronic stiffness in the neck, shoulders and shoulders What is the cause of this condition? We have a simple way to observe. If you are the one who stays in front of the computer screen for more than 8 hours, sits with a pile of papers all day. Then there is pain in the neck, neck pain, shoulder pain, shoulder pain often. Or sometimes the pain makes it difficult to turn the neck, bend down, cry, cry, cry, oh, that's the symptoms of Office Syndrome.
- back pain back pain It's easy to notice. Because it is the most popular symptom that has it all. The cause of this disease is due to the fact that we sit and work for a long time all day. Or is it a job that requires standing for a long time? Especially women who wear high heels on a regular basis. Back pain symptoms can be difficult to avoid
- Arm pain, numb hands, locked fingers. The cause of this symptom is inflammation of the wrist tendon sheath. finger tendon which comes from the fact that we use computers for a long time to catch the mouse Print documents in the same position for a long time. As a result, the muscle presses on the nerve until the fascia takes hold in that area, so there are a lot of them. Cause pain in the nerve endings, locked fingers or locked wrists.
- Pain, stiffness in your legs, or numbness. Try to spot these easily. whether you are often beriberi Or suddenly the legs have no strength. These symptoms are caused by sitting for a long time, causing the veins to be pressed and causing abnormal blood flow, thus causing beriberi easily. If there are symptoms but do not rush to treat it, leave it for a long time. May cause numbness to the feet Legs are powerless. Your gait may be deteriorating. I can't even walk.
Prevention of office syndrome
The Ministry of Public Health has recommended ways to reduce the risk of office syndrome. and prevent the symptoms from becoming more severe By changing the device used for work and adjusting various behaviors by yourself as follows
Rest your eyes. Take a break from the computer screen every 10 minutes. Look far away. Blink often to prevent dry eyes. Or you could try closing your eyes for 3-5 seconds to help stimulate tears to flow and add moisture to your eyes. especially when the eyes are irritated, painful, or burning
- Move and adjust your posture often. Adjust the posture by stretching the hand and arm muscles every 1 hour and changing the working posture every 20 minutes by twisting, moving left and right, stretching. or get up and walk
- Adjust your sitting position. Sit with your back straight. Keep your back against the inside edge or back of the chair. Put your wrists in an upright position. Do not twist or bend your wrists up and down. and place your feet on the floor with your legs at a 90-degree angle.
- Adjust the chair The edge of the chair cushion should be adjusted below the knee level. by allowing space between the edge of the chair and the back leg and adjust the backrest to support the lower back but if you can't Instead, try using a pillow to support those areas.
- Adjust computer equipment Adjust the computer screen to be level with eyes or face. By keeping the computer screen as far away as an arm's length at a distance that is comfortable to read on the screen. Place the keyboard at a 90-degree elbow level and position the mouse in a comfortable moving area. Not too limited space Also, while using the mouse, rest your elbows on the arm rests.
- Clean the air conditioner The air conditioner should be cleaned regularly. If it is damaged or damaged, it should be repaired. To prevent danger that may be related to the respiratory system.
- Exercise You should exercise regularly. To strengthen the health of the body and muscles
Office Syndrome Treatment
- Take medication to help relieve symptoms such as anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, etc. If symptoms do not improve, it is recommended to see a doctor for further physical therapy.
- Physical therapy is a treatment for office syndrome related to the musculoskeletal system. It is also an assessment of the body structure and the adjustment of the body to achieve balance. Including reducing the risk of other diseases that may occur in the long run
- Behavior modification, starting with sitting properly by sitting up straight. try not to bow Adjust the chair level to fit the table. And should rest your eyes after working in front of a computer screen for a long time, such as looking into the distance, etc.
Office Syndrome is a disease that can be addressed through behavior modification in the workplace. And should not be ignored if the warning signs of symptoms. Because taking care of your own health early can help reduce the risk of office syndrome. Maneki wants everyone to be very aware of the disease near the example of Office Syndrome. to prevent chronic disease Maneki offers products for health lovers and those who do not want chronic diseases that will be a problem in the future.
Thank you for health articles from petcharavejhospital, pobpad, thaiinterhospital.
image credit pexels